When you hear the word beef jerky, what do you think of? Personally I think about gas station snacks with an everlasting shelf life. This is not the case for my Paleo BBQ Beef Jerky. It is not made with soy, sugar and other additives! You wouldn’t believe how many beef jerkies don’t contain any beef at all.
Recently my family and I went on a trip to Disney World. We knew we wouldn’t be able to cook and realized we would need some Paleo snacks to munch on! We aren’t big snackers besides nuts and fruit, so we had to think about what we could bring. Paleo Beef Jerky seemed like a good choice.
My grandmother and my dad had bought a dehydrator within the past year, and I finally got to put it to use! My grandmother has used it quite often for veggies and other things, so she showed me how simple it is to use. If you don’t have a dehydrator you can make this jerky in your oven on the lowest temp setting!
When looking for a good homemade Paleo BBQ sauce for your Paleo BBQ Beef Jerky, you can go to The Lucky Penny’s recipe. I haven’t quite mastered my own BBQ sauce recipe, but look out for one in the future!
- Grass-fed Flank Steak
- Olive oil
- Paleo BBQ Sauce, homemade or online-bought
- Cut the flank steak into thin strips.
- Marinade flank steak in BBQ sauce and olive oil over night. The amount is up to you.
- Put flank steak in dehydrator at 140 degrees for 3-5 hours.
- It is important to have lean steak when making jerky. Try as best as possible to get grass-fed.
- If you want to make the steak easier to cut, put in freezer for 2-3 hours before cutting.