Do you like crunchy sweet snacks? Who doesn’t? Brittle is a favorite by many people, and I’ve found a Paleo Banana Nut Brittle Recipe! There is no added sugar, it is made with all REAL ingredients, and it is darn good.
At one of my favorite health food stores in Covington, Springs of Life, they sell this brittle. My dad and I bought it quite a few times, and I thought it may be cheaper for me to learn how to make it myself. They told me the Banana Nut Brittle Recipe came from Raw Freedom‘s Forum. But first let me warn you, this stuff is addicting!
I made some brittle for my family’s recent Disney trip. It was quite a lifesaver when we wanted to pass up the processed snacks for our homemade ones. Dad and I would fight over the brittle! It’s that good!
Many people do not have a dehydrator, which is necessary for this recipe. If you don’t have one, you could invest in one. You can make many recipes with a dehydrator, like my Paleo BBQ Beef Jerky. If you’re from my area (Covington, LA), go try this brittle from Springs of Life.
- 2 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 8 bananas - peeled
- 3 cups almonds- chopped separately in processor
- 3 cups dried, unsweetened shaved coconut
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- Blend bananas, dates, and flax meal in food processor until smooth.
- Stir in nuts and coconut.
- Evenly spread 4 cups of mixture on a dehydrator tray lined with a non-stick sheet. Score into the size and shape you want.
- Dehydrate at 105 degrees for 12 hours, then flip them over and continue dehydrating for another 12 hours or until crispy.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 4 months.