Turkey has certainly become one of my favorite game meats. As a kid, I hated variety in my food. I literally only ate pizza and chicken nuggets. Today I try to make up for those days, by getting as much variety as I can in my diet. Game meats are a very important part of this variety, because they mimic what we would eat as hunters and gatherers. This lemon rosemary turkey breast recipe is to DIE for! Rosemary is one of my favorite herbs and really helps a quite plain meat taste delectable.
The key to making this dish is the marinating step. Marinate the turkey in olive oil, mustard, and lemon for up to 24 hours. One time I skimped on this step and it came out too dry! If you are looking for more of a Cajun meal, try Tony Z’s Wild Turkey Breast.
- About 2 pounds of wild turkey breast
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Marinate turkey breast in lemon juice, olive oil, and Dijon mustard for up to 24 hours.
- Put turkey breast into a baking dish. Top with garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cover dish, and bake in oven for 45 minutes to an hour on 350 degrees.