If you’re looking for a good way to get your greens in, this strawberry spinach salad is the way to go! On a recent trip to Asheville, North Carolina, I had a wonderful spinach salad topped with fresh fruits and a vinaigrette dressing. I was inspired to recreate it once I got home, and ta-da this recipe was born!
“What’s so important about spinach?” you may ask.
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer benefits
- It contains a rich amount of antioxidants
- It’s rich in vitamins, many which help you build strong bones
You may not like the taste of strong vegetables like spinach and kale. I, too, couldn’t make myself eat either for a while! Now I know different preparation methods and understand how they taste so good at restaurants! If you are looking for a way to eat kale, check out my Colorful Kale Salad.
- 2 cups spinach
- 4-5 strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make dressing by mixing ingredients.
- Place spinach in a salad bowl. Top with strawberries, pecans, and dressing.