You miss pizza? But you don’t want those carbs, here’s an easy diagram on how to follow a meatza recipe!
What’s a meatza? Well it’s meat as crust, then toppings, then cheese. Its very low carb, and high in good fats. When you eat grass-fed beef you are getting a better ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 fatty acids. This is important when it comes to health. Inflammation is caused when this ratio is skewed. If you eat too many omega 6 fatty acids, inflammation occurs. Keep in mind the Paleo/Primal diet is very balanced in 3’s and 6’s.
SIDE NOTE: DAIRY OR NO DAIRY? IF YOU CHOOSE TO EAT DAIRY, GO FOR CHEESES MADE WITH RAW MILK. THEY’RE ACTUALLY NOT TOO HARD TO FIND! I’M NOT HUGE ON DAIRY, BUT CAN TOLERATE SOME RAW FORMS OF IT.
My best friend, Kathryn, recently made LSU’s dance team, and has been eating healthy to keep her dancer’s figure. Kathryn and her mom, Mrs. Kathy, made this dish the other night and sent me these fabulous pictures. (Claps for Kathy!!) Of course I had to make it into a diagram since she gave me such great visuals. If you find this Meatza Recipe helpful pin it or share on facebook, so that all your friends can see and share.
- 2 lbs. grass fed ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4- 1/2 cup of pizza, optional
- 1/2 cup cheese, for topping
- Favorite pizza toppings
- Place grass fed beef in bowl with dried Italian Seasoning mixture, a little garlic and (1) cage free egg.
- Use a 12” round pizza pan and line with parchment paper cut to size. Use a spatula to press out meat in pan evenly. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 mins. There will be a lot of excess grease and it will shrink some. Remove carefully and pour excess grease off and pat with paper towel. Remove paper.
- Add your favorite pizza sauce. Spread about ¼ - ½ cup over meat.
- Add your favorite pizza toppings. We used uncured pepperoni, chopped green & yellow peppers, red onion, sliced mushrooms, torn fresh spinach, a few sliced heirloom tomatoes and a little 4-cheese Italian blend shredded cheese.
- Return to oven about 15 minutes. Remove and slice with a pizza cutter.