Easy Banana Pancake Recipe

Easy Banana Pancake Recipe

Banana + Egg + Cinnamon  = Pancake

This Easy Banana Pancake Recipe only requires 3 ingredients and it's Paleo-friendly.

At my house growing up, Sunday mornings were pancake mornings.  Unfortunately those pancakes were made with processed ingredients. So now when I make pancakes I make them with real ingredients! Pictured above is my Easy Banana Pancake Recipe!

Some people like to have more carbs to start their day. Bananas will give you some carbs, and the egg will provide you with fat and protein. Sounds like Dietician Cassie’s PFC rule!

Like I said, pancakes used to be one of my favorite breakfast foods. Let’s examine the pancakes I used to eat versus the ones I eat now.

It’s obvious which pancakes are healthier just by looking at the ingredients. One made with fruit, and an egg, and one made with wheat, trans fats, and artificial sweetener. This rule goes with all food. The less ingredients, the healthier. Simple as that! That’s why when shopping at the grocery, you should shop the perimeter. The aisles are filled mostly with “fake food”! But there are a few things you may need for the pantry. If you are looking for some of my favorites go to my Amazon store

Don’t be afraid to get creative with this “base” recipe. You can add cocoa powder, nutmeg, etc. I topped them with maple syrup for the picture, but they are just fine without any sweetener.

Ingredients

1 banana

1 egg

Cinnamon, to taste

Directions:

1. Smash banana well with fork. Add egg and mix until a creamy consistency forms.

2. Sprinkle cinnamon, to taste.

3. Cook pancakes on nonstick pan on low heat.

Comments

1. Darcy Hebert says

I add a little ground flax seed as well. My family likes these with fresh berries. Almost sweet enough to replace dessert!!

2. Sara says

I just made this recipe and I was surprised, they are delicious. I was surprised because I love bananas, but for some reason I’m not to crazy about eating them cooked.
    One question, what do you do to keep them intact when flipping them? Because mine fell apart when I flipped them.
    Keep posting delicious and easy recipes. :-)

• Monica Bravo says

Glad you liked them! I keep the heat on really low, and let them cook a pretty long time (not like normal pancakes which are quicker). To keep them together, I put the whole spatula underneath them and flip! And make them small

3. Barbara says

I saw this recipe and I love bananas so I had to try it. It was delicious and will be a breakfast staple of mine,
    Thanks so much… Keep the great recipes coming.

4. Kimberly says

These came out perfectly! I cooked them in coconut oil and topped them with walnuts and a bit of butter. I also added two teaspoons of coconut flour …. And they were great! Thank you for the recipe!

• Monica Bravo says

Happy to hear it! Thanks for commenting Kimberly! : ) Coconut flour does seem to give it a good texture and yummy flavor

• Monica Bravo says

I have not done it before but I would think that do not. They are much better fresh and are not a fluffy hard consistency like regular pancakes.