We all know what comes with the New Year. New goals! It’s my favorite time of the year. It’s the time when you figure out what you’ve been procrastinating all year, and you try to tackle it again. Some people get aggravated with the “New Year gym people” but I get excited. Let’s embrace others progress, not discourage it.
Here are 5 tips to make your New Years Resolutions stick.
- Find an accountability buddy. Whether it’s your friend, boyfriend, girlfriend, family member, or an online community, you should find someone to be accountable to.
- Make an inspiration area. Print out pictures of inspirational quotes, make it your phone background, pin it on a Pinterest board, do whatever you have to to keep yourself inspired through this journey to your goals. Also, make sure the inspiration area is in a place you will see everyday (your mirror is a good place).
- Keep a journal. Journal your food, journal how your body feels, journal your exercise.
- Look at the positives. It’s all mental. Look at what you can eat, not what you can’t. Make a list of all the positives that come out of living a healthy lifestyle.
- Have fun! Try out interesting new recipes. Get your exercise through activities you enjoy.