As requested, A Week in My Paleo Life will be a new series of posts about, well, a week in MY life. Living a Paleo lifestyle doesn’t have to change everything about day-to-day activities. It simply means 1) I don’t eat processed foods & 2) I make time to move my body.
This week was hectic, as usual. It was Midterms but having easy meals available always saves me. I’ve made full use of my microwave, after reading why the microwave isn’t as bad as we think. Heating up sweet potatoes topped with kerrygold butter, and making steamed broccoli in the microwave have been probably 60% of my meals. The other 40% coming from scrambled eggs and grilled chicken breasts. No, I don’t ADVOCATE nuking food, and I do use the oven to heat up a lot of things, but sometimes convenience is more important.
Yes I have a food blog and love making creative meals, but my daily meals are not gourmet and Pinterest-worthy. This is what works for me. You need to find what works for you. I’m hooked on sweet potatoes, broccoli, eggs and chicken at the moment. Next week it’ll probably be something new. And now since it is the weekend, I’ll be making black drum and turnips for dinner tonight. If you don’t follow my instagram or facebook, you may be missing out.
Workouts were pretty efficient this week. Sunday I rested. Monday I walked while studying on my iPad. I told myself I wouldn’t stop until I knew the material, which was 2 hours and almost 7 miles later. It’s really a great way of multitasking, and I find the walking helps me focus on the information better. Tuesday and Thursdays I had crossfit training, and Friday I walked 3 miles. You get what you put into it with workouts. Exercise is not always glamorous, but it is worth it!
Oh and a little lagniappe news! My new Nikes came in for summer. [Pictured above. And no, Nike does not sponsor this post! Unless otherwise stated, I post photos of brands that I love and use everyday.]