Here’s a basic equation for you. Zucchini + noodles= zoodles. The new Paleo Noodles. They are delicious. VERY delicious. And possibly your new favorite Paleo meal. Imagine all the things you can make now that you have zoodles on your menu too.
The only thing you need to make these zoodles is a Spiralizer. You can buy one on Amazon, and it is completely worth the small price. Once you start using a spiralizer, you will wonder how you went this long without one!
If you decide to buy a Spiralizer, you will find it very easy to use. The product comes with directions on how to spiralize your zucchini, or whatever vegetable you may want to use.
Zoodles can be made in a variety of ways. Just think of them as your regular noodle substitute. So if you love spaghetti and meatballs, just sub them spaghetti with zoodles. Fettucini alfredo? You can do it! Or just try this amazing dish below, zoodles with shrimp and bacon.
It’s funny how things work. When I photographed these pictures months ago, I thought they were terrible. I said “These photos don’t do the zoodles justice.” I was so close to deleting them because I thought they were no good. And maybe they don’t completely give the zoodles justice, but I’m glad I found these and am sharing them with you today.
One thing I love about this dish is that it is great leftover. Because zoodles aren’t a piece of cake to make, you should make more and repurpose them all week. One day you can top them with shrimp, another day chicken and another with some meatballs and spaghetti. I’d love to know if any of you have made zoodles before! If so what is your favorite way to serve them?
- 3-4 slices bacon
- 2-3 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup green onions, minced
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 medium zucchinis, peeled and spiralized
- 4-6 chopped basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook bacon in large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Remove and drain on paper towel lined plate. Remove bacon fat leaving one teaspoon in skillet. Add butter and melt. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds and then add red pepper flakes, green onions and shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn the shrimp and add lemon juice and cook an additional 2 minutes. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon.
- Add the zucchini noodles (Zoodles) and toss to combine. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Return shrimp to skillet, along with basil and crumble in the bacon. Toss to combine. Serve with the grated cheese (optional).
- You can use grated goat cheese or omit the cheese completely.