On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…. Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies.
For the next 12 days, in celebration of Christmas (my favorite holiday), I am giving away a new cookbook everyday on Instagram. To enter the giveaway go to my Instagram, and 1) Tag up to 20 friends 2) For each friend that is also following @bravoforpaleo , you will receive 1 entry. So the more you tag, the better chance you have to win a cookbook! Today’s cookbook is Make It Paleo, by Hayley and Bill from Primal Palate!
Since I was a little girl, I loved baking. Every Christmas my mom and I bake a variety of treats and bring them to the neighbors, friends, and family. I have always loved the joy of giving someone a yummy treat that they could enjoy. So for years, I made my famous chocolate chip cookie recipe, but after my dad went Paleo he couldn’t have one. And it really made me sad. He was always my biggest cookie stealer. I mean I’d make a batch and half were gone… from him.
When Make it Paleo came out (2011), my dad had already been strictly eating Paleo for about a year. I immediately went to the dessert section and make the Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies. Ever since I swear by this easy recipe. It really only takes 5-10 minutes to whip up, and then 13-15 minutes in the oven.
Now I have to worry about my dad eating half the batch of these cookies! I am pretty sure he’s in the kitchen stealing one now… But it’s Christmas and what is Christmas without hot cookies fresh out of the oven?
The only note I have on the recipes is about the chocolate chips. I either use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, or I use a Lindt Bar of dark chocolate and I break it up into chunks. Either is great, or a mix of chips and chunks is even better.
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, unrefined
- 1.5 cups 72% dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl beat eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with hand mixer until combined.
- Melt coconut oil, pour into batter, and continue to blend until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, drop balls of cookie dough, about a tablespoon in size.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.