On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me… Quick Banana Soft Serve.
This soft serve ice cream is the perfect way to get your dessert fix but with real food ingredients. This recipe comes from the book, The Everything Paleo Pregnancy Book by Tarah Chieffi of What I Gather. The book is packed full of info on eating Paleo during pregnancy, and it has a section of Paleo recipes! From Breakfast, Appetizers, Dinners, Sides, Comfort Foods, Desserts, and more!
Now maybe this book isn’t relevant to me now, and won’t be for a long time! Since I’m 21, single, and have about 10 years of medical school ahead of me. But it may be useful for a friend or family member of yours! Even if the person isn’t completely Paleo, the recipes are useful for any person trying to eat a healthier diet.
- 4 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons coconut milk
- Remove banana slices from freezer and allow them to thaw for 5-10 minutes.
- Add bananas, vanilla, and cinnamon to a food processor with the chopping blade attached. Turn on food processor and slowly pour in coconut milk through ingredient spout. Continue to process until mixture is smooth and resembles soft serve ice cream.
- You could also add some cocoa powder to make this a chocolate ice cream!