I may love frittatas, but traditionally they are made with some dairy to make it fluffy. This recipe is a Dairy Free Frittata with a combo of add-ins: ham or turkey, bell pepper, spinach, and heirloom tomatoes!
This is the kind of recipe I think is great for busy weeks. My roommates and I like to keep a frittata in the fridge each week! My roommate “doctors” her frittata up by adding a bit of hot sauce! When making this, you can sauté and season the vegetables before hand in a skillet, or you can leave them raw. It’s a personal preference!
This recipe is pretty straightforward, so instead of chatting with you about recipe details, let’s talk about kitchen necessities! This adorable dish came from my best friend. She knew I was really into food props and gave me some great stuff. I recommend everyone have a Pyrex Baking Dish. It would be perfect for this dish. Click here to see the one I like.
To keep this recipe Whole30 approved, you need to use a deli meat without added sugars or additives. Usually the Applegate Farms oven-roasted turkey is Whole30 approved, but always check your labels! Also here is a Whole30 approved coconut milk. You can make this recipe without coconut milk, but it won’t be as fluffy!
One more tip! If you are using this for meal prep, slightly undercook it. Then when you reheat it, it will cook it through. So maybe 20 minutes on 350, instead of 25! And each oven varies!
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 3-4 slices of ham or turkey
- 1 cup heirloom or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Coconut oil, for coating the dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Coat a 9 x 9 baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, scramble the eggs and add all of the ingredients, except the tomatoes. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Place all the tomatoes on top, they should float.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes if you want it to be slightly undercooked (for meal prep!). Then when you reheat it, it will be cooked just right.
- -Need help? Watch the video above to see how it's made!