Here’s a Whole 30 Potatoes dish. Thinly sliced potatoes, topped with rosemary, olive oil, and garlic. So simple to make, beautiful presentation, and great taste.
Three words. Mandolines are dangerous. If you don’t know what a mandoline is, well it’s not an instrument. It’s a kitchen tool that helps you slice food to a specific measurement, usually very thin, and it slices it evenly. I kinda love it. I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond. They range from $20 to $200. I went with a $40 one, and it works just fine.
Update- my mother threw away my mandoline after cutting herself on it. I repeat Mandolines are dangerous. I am recommending this one that I have heard is fool proof. It comes with cut resistant gloves. Picture below. It will change the way you make potatoes. I mean just look at the crispiness!
It’s summer, and I’m happy to be cooking a lot and sharing more recipes. It gives me reasons to buy a mandoline, order a new cookbook, and make a daily mess in my kitchen to test recipes. I am always looking for what you need more of too. In my weekly newsletter, I always share my new recipes, and then ask what you need this week! Make sure to sign up if you aren’t on there.
This is the kind of dish that leaves your kitchen smelling delicious. Mmm. I think when I make this again I will serve it with an Eye of Round Roast or Black Drum. That seems like a good pairing to me. And if you’re not on a Whole 30, maybe a big glass of red wine. Comment below with your experience on Mandolines. Do you have one?
Whole 30 Potatoes with Rosemary
- 1 1/2 lbs russet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6-8 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 TB rosemary chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Slice the potatoes on a mandolin or with a sharp chef's knife, in 1/8 inch rounds. Place in a large bowl and evenly coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Lay the potatoes flat in an oven-safe dish and top with garlic and rosemary.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring or flipping potatoes at 20 minutes, if necessary. Serve hot!