I always get questions about brussel sprouts recipes. I guess because there are only so many ways to make brussels, right? Here one way I make them, Brussel Sprouts, red pepper, cilantro, and a few other ingredients. It’s super easy!
On a quick side note. For people who live in Covington or Mandeville, bacobar has the BEST brussel sprouts. Like I’m obsessed. If someone can tell me what’s in their recipe, I promise I will buy you dinner.
This week I’ve had a lot on my mind.. Nothing new there. But one thing I want to share is this quote/mantra I’ve sat with. “Inspiration will find you working.” I don’t know where I saw this. It’s so simple but it means a lot to me. Sometimes without a clear goal in mind, I have trouble finding motivation. I think we all deal with this sometimes. But what I have to remember is if I just continue to work the inspiration will find me. All we have to do is show up. Work without question. And let the answers come to us, in time.
Medical school is a long journey. 4 years undergrad, 4 years medical school, +4-8 years of residency. We’re looking at 12-16 years of training “before you can do what you want.” I’m learning to love the journey. I get to help deliver babies, scrub into interesting surgeries, and take it all in. Maybe I don’t have the freedom I want yet, and I’m still paying them not the other way around haha. But trusting the journey is all I can do. Even when it get’s hard.
In third year, finally I have time to do some things I love! Like see my friends and family, workout more, cook some new things, and explore my city. I can’t complain. What kind of posts do you want more of? Comment below.
- 1 lb of brussel sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Place halved brussels in large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lemon, red pepper flakes, garlic, salt, and pepper. Drizzle on to brussel sprouts and toss with a spoon.
- Pour brussels onto baking pan. Place in oven for 15-18 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove and top with cilantro. Serve hot!