If you are confused about how to eat kale, this Kale Salad Recipe will be a great start. For a while I never knew how to use kale. The only use I could find for it was juicing it with a ton of other veggies. Since kale is a superfood, I knew it was a wonderful vegetable to add to my diet.
This kale salad recipe will make you ask why you haven’t been eating kale every day! I personally like to make this salad on Sundays and eat it all week long. It’s a wonderful lunch (throw some chicken on top) or great with dinner.
If you are looking for an entree to go with this salad, try
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- For Salad
- 1. Separate kale, and remove leaves from stems. Rinse well.
- 2. Fill a pot with water and place a double boiler on top.
- 3. Steam the kale for about 1-2 minutes. You want it to be softer than it began, but the texture is really up to you.
- 4. Place kale in freezer for 5-10 minutes, if you want cold salad. (I prefer cold)
- 5. Add red onion and almonds and toss salad.
- 6. Top with dressing.
- For dressing
- 1. Mix ingredients and store in fridge.
- It is very important to steam the kale. This is the key ingredient in making the kale taste delish! The dressing makes enough dressing for a weeks worth of salads. I make this amount of dressing because I like to have extra, and then there's no excuse to use a store-bought dressing!