Mashed cauliflower, who would’ve ever known it tastes just like mashed potatoes! I call this side dish faux-tatoes. I can honestly say I could eat a whole head of cauliflower when I make it like this… whoops? Good thing cauliflower is excellent for you!
What’s so great about cauliflower?
- It helps detox toxins from your body
- It is a great source of anti-oxidants
- It has vitamin K- an anti-inflammatory vitamin
- Like many vegetables, it is low calorie but very filling and nutritious
When you’re craving a comfort food without the guilt afterwards, this is the perfect recipe for you. The Faux-Tatoes are made with cauliflower but taste just like your favorite mashed potatoes from Thanksgiving Dinner.
Cooking Tip: Although you may be tempted to buy cauliflower that can be cooked in a microwavable bag, take the extra time to steam it yourself. When you microwave foods you lose some health benefits.
Flavor Tip: I like using Himalayan salt on this versus sea salt.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Salt and pepper
- Chives (optional)
- Butter (optional)
- Cut up and steam cauliflower until the fork can easily puncture the vegetable.
- Add cauliflower to food processor.
- Pulse cauliflower until creamy texture.
- Top with salt, pepper, chives and optional butter.