PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA! It’s an American favorite. My mom used to take me to eat pizza probably once a week. When I realized I had issues with grains, I made a Grain-Free & Primal Pizza Crust Recipe.
When I first started Paleo, people asked me what I missed most, and I would say, “PIZZA!” I grew up eating pizza quite often, and when I started eating healthier I realized me and pizza were not friends. Actually I don’t know many people that feel great after eating pizza. So that’s where this recipe comes in!
Unlike gluten-free crusts you may find at the store, this crust is actually GRAIN free too- meaning no rice or other starchy grains. Instead we use cauliflower and cheese. If you can tolerate dairy, want to indulge, but don’t want an upset stomach from a grain overdose, this recipe was made for you.
- 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning (or oregano, garlic, garlic salt)
- Olive oil
- Toppings- pizza sauce, shredded cheese, and other pizza toppings
- Chop up raw cauliflower; break florets into somewhat even pieces.
- Add to food processor and pulse until rice-like consistency. It is important not to over pulse or you may puree it.
- Take riced raw cauliflower and you can either microwave for 10 minutes OR cook in coconut or olive oil in a pan.
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- In a medium bowl stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg, and cheese. Stir in Italian seasoning. Transfer to the cookie sheet and form into 9" pizza crust. Brush olive oil over top of mixture.
- Bake at 450 degree for 15 minutes (without toppings).
- Remove from oven and add toppings.
- Place in oven on broil at high heat just until cheese is melted (2-3 minutes)
- Be careful with buying pizza sauce. Make sure there is no added sugar or other additives.
- I recommend pineapple and ham as toppings. Get creative!