Mmm. Paleo Chili on a cold winter day! The cold weather is coming and so are more holiday Paleo recipes. One of my favorite things to do in free time is cook with my Mom. This is her Paleo Chili Recipe, and it’s one of our family’s favorites.
So what’s in this Paleo Chili Recipe? The main ingredient is ground grass fed beef with tomatoes and seasoning. This is one of those recipes, that the longer you let it simmer, the better it will taste!
Good quality meat is a very high priority. Grass fed beef actually has a different fat makeup than grain fed beef. It has more omega 3s, which are better for your heart. The ratio of omega 3s to 6s are very important! I believe in spending more money on my body now, so I don’t have to spend it later on hospital bills or on quality of life.
This recipe is great to serve for your friends and family. Bring it to a party, or share it with your roommates or family. It’s another make-ahead recipe, that can last you a few days! Prepping ahead and cooking your food ahead can help you stay on track all week.
- 2-3 lbs. grass fed ground beef
- 2 cups chopped seasoning (can find in produce section or chop own combination of onion, bell pepper and celery)
- 2-28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes (look for ones made without added sugar)
- 1-14.5 oz. can Fired Roasted diced tomatoes
- 1-14.5 oz. can chicken broth
- 2 oz. chili powder
- 1 oz. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp., separated, sea salt and ground pepper, more or less to taste
- Brown ground beef in stock pot, adding chopped seasoning when meat is about half pink/half brown and 1 tsp. each of salt and pepper. When meat is cooked (all brown) drain off excess liquid.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer. Flavor is best when cooked for two hours or longer, even better the next day!