Today I’ll be sharing a recipe called, Better Than Oatmeal! This Paleo Oatmeal recipe is perfect for when you want something sweet and filling for breakfast.
I am actually not a huge fan of “Paleo-ifying” everything. Paleo muffins, paleo pizza, paleo donuts, I’m not sure any of those are actually Paleo. I believe when you switch from a Standard American Diet to a Real Food Diet, your meals should emphasize real food, and not try to emulate your old favorites. But in the case of this recipe, the ingredients are all real food. Eggs, fruit, and nuts. And it’s not really faking anything! For more on this topic, I like Stupid Easy Paleo’s post called “Why Paleo Donuts Suck”. I’ll have to agree with her on that!
This recipe is from Leslie Klenke’s book called Paleo Girl. My success story is actually featured in the book, and 5 other amazing Paleo Girls. After receiving the book and reading it cover to cover, I truly believe it’s an essential for any teenage girl. Not only does it explain how to eat healthy, it covers how to handle relationships, fight stress, get enough sleep, and exercise right. You can buy the book now on Amazon [affiliate link]. It’s perfect as a gift to a younger family member, or a gift to yourself!
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1-2 Tablespoons crushed pecans
- Toppings: pecans, sliced almonds, fruit, butter (optional)
- Add banana, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, and pecans to a medium bowl and mash together (the batter will be lumpy).
- Grease skillet with butter and turn on stove to medium heat.
- Add the enter mixture to the skillet.
- As the mixture cooks, continue to stir and mash.
- Once fully cooked, remove from heat and place in a bowl. Top with optional ingredients.