Are you looking for a gorgeous, easy Paleo dinner recipe? This is my Lemon Rosemary Chicken Recipe. It was shared on the Paleo Parents a few weeks ago, and today I’m sharing it with YOU!
Photography has become quite a passion of mine! I’m not always one to brag, but I’m actually very proud of these photos. I love a good cast iron skillet, and this chicken was just to die for! One thing I learned about photography is that it is all about the lighting! And it’s also about perspective. We all have our own photography style, and we are all attracted to different looks and feels of a picture. It’s hard for me to channel my creative side, but taking pictures of food seems to help! If you like to see “Food Porn”, check out my instagram. I like to post my food daily, and unfortunately I spend more time on Instagram than on my blog!
Sometimes titles/labels irk me! If I tell people I eat Paleo, or do crossfit training, I sometimes get negative responses. So I’ve changed my line to “I just eat real food”, and “I do many forms of exercise”. Because really, Paleo is just eating real food. Most of the foods that I eat, others would say they also enjoy! Who could deny freshly cooked chicken with sweet potatoes? As far as exercise, I do actually do many forms of exercise and some of them happen to be “crossfit” movements!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 large lemon, squeezed
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons rosemary
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add olive oil to a large cast iron skillet or to a roasting pan, and heat over medium-high heat. If using a roasting pan, you may need to use it over two burners.
- Sprinkle desired amount of salt and pepper over chicken breasts. Then place the chicken breast sides down in the pan. Add the cubed sweet potatoes, and cook in pan/skillet for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is browned.
- Turn the chicken over and pour lemon, rosemary, and garlic over the chicken and potatoes. Top with sliced lemons.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until the chicken is done. This varies for each oven.