Are you looking for a way to still eat Cornbread? Try these Paleo Cornbread Muffins, that actually have no corn or grain at all and taste delicious.
Holidays call for Comfort Foods! It’s just a fact. When Thanksgiving comes around my mother and I love to cook. Last year we made all the food at our Thanksgiving dinner Primal. No one even realized that these Paleo Cornbread Muffins actually do NOT contain corn or any grain at all! They were such a hit, we made them for Christmas dinner and they will be on the menu this Thanksgiving too.
When holidays come around, I go all out. I totally believe there is a time and place for some “Paleo” treats, and holidays are one of them. There is no reason that you can’t eat a completely grain-free meal at Thanksgiving and Christmas. The best part is you won’t be feeling terrible all night long, and with a recipe like these you will feel like you are still indulging.
If you are one of those people who tolerate dairy well, these muffins are great with some raw cheddar cheese or grass-fed butter. I personally like to dip them in my Paleo Chili, or you can make a “turkey sandwich” with them. These treats come once or twice a year for us, I wouldn’t recommend to you to make them every week!
If you need more Paleo Holiday recipes, make sure to check out my 25 favorite Christmas Recipes. What do you like to eat on the holidays? I want you to share with me your favorite holiday foods in the comments.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (optional)
- 1. Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- 2. Add almond flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- 3. In another bowl place the eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, and honey. Whisk well.
- 4. Transfer the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated. Add cheese here if desired.
- 5. Distribute the batter into a greased muffin tin (8-9 muffins).
- 6. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Cheddar is optional for those who consume dairy.