Looking for a way to eat your favorite side dish, but trying to eat healthier? Here is a Paleo Fried Rice Recipe!
I remember my first time going to a Hibachi restaurant. I was probably 12 or 13 years old. My best friend said “I know you won’t eat the veggies, you probably won’t eat your meat or the soup, but you have to try the rice.” She had a way of making me try new things, because she loved food so much and she knew I liked bland foods as a child. So I tried the rice, and it was amazing! I wanted to go back to Hibachi once a week. My parents applauded me because when your child likes about 5 foods, you applaud them for trying anything new.
Well I’ve come a long way obviously. And when I started Paleo, my fried rice days went away, and I never really cared to make a Paleo Fried Rice until this recipe.
I was perusing through Trader Joe’s when I came across a frozen bag of “Riced Cauliflower”. I’m familiar with rice cauliflower because I use it in one of my pizza recipes and with Shrimp Creole, but how convenient that all I have to do is throw this in a skillet and I have rice! Anyways this product was a life changer, and I called and got the store to hold 6 more bags the next week. If you have a Trader Joe’s call and ask if they have any in stock, then go get a ton. I promise you will use it so much. But if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you then you can make Riced Cauliflower on your own (recipe below too!).
To make this Paleo Fried Rice, you are going to use onions, green onions, eggs, and riced cauliflower. It’s really up to you about proportions. The amount below could work as a side dish for 2 or a dinner for 1. I usually make a bowl of this for lunch or dinner and it’s super filling : ) If you aren’t following Paleo, but are just eating gluten free, you are free to use Tamari sauce instead of coconut aminos. I personally like the taste of Tamari better but it is really just a gluten-free soy sauce.
Make this recipe with Indochinese Chicken, and you will surely have a flavor packed meal! Comment below if you have questions, or if you also love Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower. (And no this isn’t a sponsored post, I just love this product!)
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut aminos or Tamari sauce
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Place olive oil in a medium skillet on medium heat. Add sliced yellow onion and saute until translucent.
- Scramble two eggs in a small bowl, with a fork, and then add to your skillet. Cook with onions. Once eggs are almost cooked, add cauliflower and green onion to skillet. Continuously stir with a large spoon or spatula.
- Lastly, season your dish with coconut aminos, salt and pepper.
- To make your own riced cauliflower, simply chop a head of cauliflower into florets and place in a food processor. Pulse until it is the size of rice! It should make 3-4 cups.